1. The mind is an extremely flexible instrument. "Our minds are already pattern-making machines, and very little drawing is actually required to convey an idea. The mind will fill in the rest." How to make squiggle birds, from Dave Gray. Doodle fun!
2. Magical photos by Russian artist Elena Karneeva. Elena photographs her children in most wonderful fantasy settings, with companion animals too. Simply amazing.
3. The largest glacial calving event ever recorded on film. The historic breakup at the Ilulissat Glacier in Western Greenland. The calving event lasted for 75 minutes and the glacier retreated a full mile across a calving face three miles wide. The height of the ice is about 3,000 feet, 300-400 feet above water and the rest below water.
4. Quote: “We waste so many days waiting for the weekend. So many nights wanting morning. Our lust for future comfort is the biggest thief of life.” ~ Joshua Glenn Clark
5. Fascinating Kate Bush documentary from the BBC. The Kate Bush Story: Running Up That Hill. If you don't have an hour to spend watching it right now, then set aside 7 minutes to enjoy Cloudbusting.