Monday, September 30, 2013

roadtrip: lowville, ny

Leaving the city behind and heading to the country, we headed for Lowville, New York to experience the Historic Downtown Lowville Cream Cheese Festival. 
It's a beautiful part of our country and we met the nicest people there.  
Pushing our way through the highways in and around Washington, DC was definitely one of the notable parts of our trip. I can't imagine having to endure their rush hour traffic each day, but many (many!) people do!

Give me the mountains any day.
Room to breathe, quiet, surrounding myself with natural beauty.
 For more photos of our fabulous journey 

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Great shot of the sunset in the building...and you left your beautiful serene countryside to go into all those crowds??!! But then I think I would brave all those crowds for a cream cheese festival, one of my favorite foods.

babies said...

"give me the mountains any day" you wrote. yes, yes! however - what about mountains in winter? brrrr...

Tracy Altieri said...

Oh my, Lowville is not that terribly far from me, and I had never heard of the cream cheese festival! I will have to mark my calendar for next year!

Live and Learn said...

I agree that I would rather have the mountains. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Washington, DC, has lots of jobs.

S. Etole said...

I'd take the mountains too.

Menthe Blanche said...

I love colors of your first picture, beautiful!