Thursday, August 8, 2013

and where is your happy-place?

 Five days a week I pass this little scene. It seems to be a gate....that leads to nothing in particular. I wonder about that spot. Is it a memorial of some kind? A place to meditate maybe? It's in a particularly ugly, overgrown field, but it's a special spot for someone.
And most every morning, five days a week, I see this tiny woman, hunched over and working on this place, gardening, grooming, whatever else she does there. This must be an important spot for her. It must be her happy-place. And it got me thinking about people's happy-places...those places where you go, where you become enveloped in the moment, where you feel secure, loved....happy.
This gentleman spends a lot of time, fishing pole in hand, leaning against the rail on this bridge at the lake. I've never seen him catch anything and once or twice I've actually seen him asleep, still standing at this spot, line in the water.
This is his happy-place.
For some musicians, being completely wrapped up in a song
is the place they most like to be.
My dog's happy-place is deep in the snow, anytime, anywhere. He just can't get enough of it. For him, it just doesn't get any better than this...
except maybe when his people are out there in the snow with him.
A new mother's loving arms...definitely a happy-place, not only for baby but for mom too.
A comfy shoulder and a furry hug...definitely a happy-place.
Perhaps your happy-place is snuggling with your loved one and enjoying the day... 
...or hanging with Dad, listening to music... 
...or lazing on a shady lawn with friends. 
New babies, even animal babies, need secure, loving, warm happy-places too.




6 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a very sweet post! Lovely collection of happy-place photos...and you are right, we all need one (at least one!)

Debbie said...

what a sweet set of photo's!! i have so many happy places. home for me is probably my happiest place!!

S. Etole said...

Wonderful set of photos. Being outside is a special place for me.

Beatriz said...

Every place is special to someone......even teh lap of a parente...
Beautiful images Bev!!!

Hugs from Brazil

Bia
www.biaviagemambiental.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Laying in my bed, and my face in my pillow. My happy place!

Hannah said...

How lovely! What tender moments you've captured x