Wednesday, July 31, 2013

gettin' to

I woke up today already stressing about my to-do list. It’s one of those days where I just have so much on my plate and nearly all of it MUST be done today. I made a list, checked it twice and sure enough, I’ve got to dive in and get this stuff taken care of.  My stomach hurts, my jaw is clenched, I’m steeling myself for the onslaught that’s facing me.  But wait….this is a terrible way to start the day!

So I’m turning this morning around. This morning I GET to mail off two pretty packages to buyers. I GET to run to the store to pick up laundry detergent and other essentials. I GET to do PR for some upcoming gigs. I GET to find the funds and pay my too-high health insurance bill. I GET to run to the library to renew my books. I GET to find/create more items, photograph and post them for sale. I GET to clean up the mess the cat made overnight. I GET to….yes, I GET to!

I saw a notice that a high school classmate passed away a couple of days ago after suffering years of struggle with a debilitating disease. A family member is coping with medical issues that is robbing her of very basic abilities that the rest of us take for granted every day. Cancer has taken too many people that I love. These people can no longer do the things on their to-do list….but I GET to!
     

4 comments:

deborah said...

Perspective changes everything, doesn't it?! I certainly fail often, but being thankful for little things and looking for the good definitely makes the day better!

Thanks for the encouragement!

MyMaracas said...

You are so right. I'm going to try to remember this next time I'm faced with a mountain of stuff I don't want to do.

Susan said...

You are right. I have lost the ability to walk and hike from damaged knees and feet. When it all first happened, I couldn't believe how much I used to be able to do, compared to now. Just going to the grocery store is hard.

Tracy Altieri said...

Well said!