Friday, July 26, 2013

boing!

I had a very interesting "aha" moment this morning. Still lingering in the comfort of the considerable drop in temperatures last night and the great sleep I had, windows open and fresh air filling the bedroom. Feeling grateful that a check was deposited and I can pay off a worrisome bill. Enjoying a sample Danish that was offered to me when I was running on empty from racing out of the house without breakfast. Getting a good report from the mechanic following my oil change – no unexpected car repairs needed. Popped a pretty package into the mail for a buyer is Colorado, only to find that when I logged on again that I’d sold a piece of jewelry this morning. Feeling all kinds of gratitude for all these seemingly little things.
But then I notice that at the two tables next to me, there are business conversations going on. I hear 5-figure and 7-figure transactions being negotiated and handshakes all around. The funny thing is, those people don’t look happy. I’ve made my little sale and I’m feeling joy.  Ok, based on the business dealings going on near me, maybe I need to set my bar a little higher – but it seems to me that maybe those guys doing the high-dollar deals need to take a little lesson from me too! Aha!

3 comments:

Tierney Barden said...

Way to go, Bev! Turn that equation around - they should take a little lesson from you!

Tracy Altieri said...

A wise woman to see your "ah ha" moment when it presents itself to you!

Susan said...

So, so nice when those moments happen isn't it. Fleeting as they are, it so nice when we all notice and feel the gratitude of the little things.