Some things I thought were worth sharing today. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!
1. Who wrote the most romantic love letter of all time? It wasn't Keats or Hemingway. According to the Daily Mail, the British company Beagle Street commissioned a poll to ask people their opinions on the most romantic love letter ever written. Though they had a famously tumultuous marriage, Johnny Cash's letter to wife June Carter ranked #1 in the poll results. June passed away in 2003 and Johnny passed away just 4 months later. You can read his sweet words here.
2. Most Grammy Award-winning individuals of all time, as of 2014?
According to Statista.com, Sir Georg Solti, an orchestral and operatic conductor, leads the pack. And the rest?
Sir Georg Solti: 31
Quincy Jones, Alison Krauss: 27
Pierre Boulez: 26
Vladimir Horowitz: 25
U2, Stevie Wonder: 22
Kanye West, John Williams: 21
Chick Corea, Vince Gill, Henry Mancini, Pat Metheny, Bruce Springsteen, Al Schmitt: 20
Sir Paul McCartney, Aretha Franklin,, Jimmy Sturr: 18
Beyoncé, Ray Charles, Eric Clapton, YoYo Ma: 17
3. Quote: The enemy of creativity...is fear. We're all born creative, it takes a little while to become afraid. A surprising insight: an enemy of fear is creativity. Acting in a creative way generates action, and action persuades the fear to lighten up. ~ Seth Godin
4. The new Audubon website now has the complete first folio, including high-resolution scans of the plates. They're so high quality that you can zoom in and see the amazing detail in the watercolors. They're almost paintings within paintings. Printed between 1827 and 1838, it contains 435 life-sized watercolors of North American birds, all made from hand-engraved plates.
5. How to say something nice about someone's art, when you have nothing nice to say...