Some things I thought were worth sharing today. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!
1. Quote: “As a songwriter, it’s just a wonderful thing when a song leaves your hands and you get to see what can happen to it — the way it gets used by people. When an artist tells you that they used your song to paint with or someone says they got through a painful period thanks to one of your songs, it pays you back. I happen to think that one creative act creates other creative acts. You drop a pebble in the well and it’s quite astonishing what happens to those ripples. They go out and sometimes they come back to you.”
~ Mark Knopfler Read the whole interview here.
2. 19 great photos of "women's work" 100 years ago.
3. Quote: "Those who choose not to empathize enable real monsters. For without ever committing an act of outright evil ourselves, we collude with it, through our own apathy."
~JK Rowling Read more of her words of wisdom and life advice here.
4. From 1953 to 1960, the wonderful Edward Gorey oversaw the creation of paperback book covers for Doubleday Anchor books.
5. Margaret Wise Brown wrote under 3 noms-de-plume and in just 10 years published 53 books. Ironically, the miniature volume, Little Fur Family, was originally bound in rabbit fur. Yikes! Step back in time and read this1946 Life Magazine article about this quirky author. (the point-in-time article is a hoot and unlikely to be written this way now). While you're at it, enjoy a peek at the entire issue. You're sure to be entertained.