Wednesday, February 13, 2013

finding beauty on a grey day

So many grey days we seem to be having this season!  This feels unusually off-kilter for the “sunny south.”  It’s not that I don’t appreciate that we need the rain, but more and more, these dreary days seem to affect my mood and deplete me somehow as I get older.  My father-in-law, a man who spent many years at sea, just thrives on these grey, foggy days.  He finds an energy when the mist rolls in that I definitely lack.  I kind of marvel at this trait.





Some time ago I read about a young woman that was struggling with depression. I was so impressed by her story of how she guided her way back into a better emotional place.  Her personal prescription was to grab her camera and set herself the task of finding one beautiful thing each day to photograph.  No matter what her mood or what the weather, she made sure that she set her sights on finding that one beautiful shot.  One day at a time, one shot at a time, she found her way.

So on this dreary, grey day I grabbed my camera and went looking for something beautiful.




No comments: